Pregnant Mother suffers second degree burn from her iPhone7


A pregnant mother from Sydney, Australia last week Friday received a second degree burn from her iPhone 7.
 According to News.com.au, Melanie Tan Pelaez had her iPhone 7 plugged to her charger while watching a movie when she fell asleep. In the morning she woke only to find her arm red and filled with pain.

“I went to get dressed and realised my arm was very red, so I then went to the GP and they advised me I needed to go straight to the hospital,” she told news.com.au.

“The hospital did a number of tests and told me the mark was a burn from a foreign object and told me to check around my bed to see what could be the cause of the injury.”
 
  The pregnant mother said she believed the iPhone was the cause of her injury because she did a marking on her arm and confirmed it. Without much waste of time, she took the iPhone to an Apple store. They examined her phone and said that it couldn't possibly be the device since the phone didn't have a distinct smell, but a member of the team executive told her that they were handling the matter and had even sent the phone to a senior technician in California to examine the device.

Ms Tan Pelaez said she has been to the emergency room twice to discuss with a plastic surgeon on how to heal the scar on her arm. The mother went on to say that she declined an offer from Apple for a new replacement, instead said that she wanted to caution other phone users.

“I declined the offer for a replacement phone because I don’t trust the device anymore,” she said.
“I just want to raise awareness so people don’t have to suffer the same injury as I did.”


Tags:
iPhone explosions and burns, iPhone injures user
;

No comments

Powered by Blogger.