Hackers Launches Cyber-attack on Venezuela, Renders Millions Without Phone Service


A hacking group that calls itself "The Binary Guardians" has claimed responsibility for the massive attacks in Venezuela that took down websites of the government, National Assembly and the Supreme Court.


 According to Security week, the cyber attack which took place earlier this week affected the country's mobile phone operators; Movistar and Digicel, and as a result left about seven million mobile phone users without network service.

 "These terrorist actions which affected the Movilnet's GSM platform on Wednesday left without communication seven of the state operator's 13 million users," Science and Technology Minister Hugbel Roa said.

Also Read: Liberia's entire internet attacked with Mirai Botnet14, UK threatened

 Roa explained that the black-out was part of a wave of attacks that began on Monday when dozens of government and private company websites were hacked. 

 The Minister said that the attacks were carried out with the help of foreign agents whose aim was to disrupt the country's connectivity. He went further to add that an investigation was ongoing into the matter.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.