Man Accidentally Swallows AirPod During Sleep, Excretes & Re-uses It and Then Calls It Magical!

Pappi Hex

Apple's Airpods are durable...durable enough to travel through the human gastrointestinal tract and come out intact.

However, what i didn't know was that the AirPod could travel through the human system without the host even noticing it! Yes, that was what happened to a Taiwanese man who accidentally swallowed his AirPod during sleep and didn't even know the gadget was in his tummy when he woke up.

Also Read: Here Is The Reason Why This Crazy Apple Fan Threw His New iPhone XS Max Over 30ft

According to the DailyMail, Ben Hsu feel asleep with the pair of the AirPods still in his ears only to wake up and discover that was one was missing.

Not sure where the device was, he used the Find My AirPod feature to locate his lost AirPod. He said that he discovered that the device was still in his room and heard it beeping around him but didn't know where it came from.

"I checked under my blanket and looked around but couldn't find it - then i realised the sound was coming from my stomach," Hsu said.

Hsu said that he didn't feel any discomfort but had to go to Kaohsiung Municipal United Hospital where medics confirmed via X-ray that he had indeed swallowed the AirPod.

Mr. Hsu
The doctors gave him a laxative and told him that the AirPod would come out from the other end of his gastrointestinal tract without the need for a surgery.

Lucky for Hsu, he finally got his AirPod back intact when he relieved himself at a railway station the next day and had to dig through the foul smelling, errr.

Hsu washed clean the device and was surprised to find it still working.

"The battery was at still 41 percent! It was incredible," he said, calling the experience "magical".

Dr. Chen Chieh-fah, who works in the emergency room explained that the protective shell around the AirPod prevented the lithium-ion battery getting direct contact with his intestines which would have caused a serious rupture.

"Because of the plastic shell around the AirPod, the risk of it causing him harm in a similar way to swallowing a regular lithium-ion battery is much lower," Dr. Chen said.

Post a Comment

* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top