7 People Receive Medical Treatment As iPhone Battery Overheats In Apple Store

Pappi Hex

Over 50 people were evacuated from an Apple store in Zurich on Tuesday when an overheated iPhone battery injured a repair man and filled the store with smoke.

According to the Zurich police, the incident occurred as the repairman tried removing the battery which overheated in the process, burning his hands slightly. Seven people received medical treatment as a result of the incident, though they were not hospitalized.

Also Read: Phone 8 Plus Burst while charging

"At the same time, there was a slight build-up of smoke, which then led to around 50 customers and employees having to leave the business temporary,' a statement from the police read

"The staff responded well and correctly. It sprinkled quartzsand over the overheated battery so that smoke could be contained and sucked out after switching on the ventilation."

Police say forensic specialists are still examining the cause of the incident.

Post a Comment

* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top